Ingredients for approximately 4 people
Needed for the original Freestyle Seitan:
If you can’t find or get wheat gluten, you can also buy ready-to-use Seitan in a supermarket. As for the spices: be creative and activate the freestyle spirit. If possible use fresh spices right out of your garden!
- 400g wheat gluten
- 1 pack of dry yeast
- 250ml vegetable bouillon (depends on the consistency whether you need more or less)
- A generous shot of your best oil
- Soy sauce – not too much
- Paprika powder – a handful
- Salt – watch out! Vegetable bouillon and soy sauce are salty too
- Pepper is always a good choice
- Something spicy, if you like it hot
- Garlic and ginger, finely chopped
- Tomato puree – one tube
- Spices, as much as you like
For the Tatziki:
- A big pot of soy yoghurt
- ½ cucumber
- 1-2 garlic cloves (for the ultimate sensation, use a few more)
- A decent shot of lemon juice
- How about a little bit of dill?!
- Fresh mint – it’s growing well right now
- Salt and pepper
For the Kebab:
- Bread roll, a baguette, pita bread, flat bread – preferably self-made
- Lettuce of your choice – take those, that are ready to harvest
- White cabbage
- Onions (roasted is a fancy option)
- Grilled bell peppers are nice too
The Koll Seitan:
- Mix all DRY (otherwise you will have a big mess) ingredients in a big bowl (can be perfectly done with your hands)
- In a separate bowl blend all the liquid ingredients
- Now you can mix all the ingredients together in order to knead some beautiful dough. If you are uncertain how to do this, check out one of the many clips on the Internet.
The seitan can now be cooked or baked. We are fans of the baking method:
- Our seitan master recommends forming two thick sausages from the seitan mixture and to then wrap them in baking parchment.
- Bake the seitan at 170 °C in the oven until it looks like a fluffy bread (40-60 min)
- Cut the well baked seitan in thin slices and fry them with a bit of oil in a pan, until they are golden brown and crispy.
The Koll Tzatziki:
Cut everything into small pieces and mix it together and there you go! For the others:
- Slice the cucumber into small pieces and put them into a bowl. Add the soy yoghurt.
- Add the chopped cloves of garlic to the mixture.
- Do the same with the freshly cut spices and pimp the delicious white sauce with freshly pressed lemon juice, salt and pepper. If you still aren’t satisfied, be creative and reactivate your freestyle mood.
The Koll Kebab:
All of the volunteers, who have been a part of the Koll Kebab stand since the beginning and take part in creating this unique Atmosphere, have learned how to arrange the one-of-a-kind Koll Kebab – which already spoiled many hungry, greedy and stoned mouths. It is not crucial to follow the recipe in a strict way; our main goal is to satisfy our customers and for them to indulge themselves in their Kebab cravings. So go ahead, be creative and prepare this meal in a way that will make you, your family and friends happy.
Enjoy your meal and see you next year!
Sincerely your Koll Kebab Team.
PS: For the ultimate combo, we recommend our “Koll du bois” beer or our “Koll FRU” wine.